PROVINCE-WIDE STATE OF EMERGENCY AND STAY AT HOME ORDER
Ontario is once again in a State of Emergency with another Stay at Home Order in effect as of 12:01 a.m. Thursday, April 8, 2021. This will be the case for at least another month due to rising COVID-19 case counts and overloaded hospital ICUs.
Full details about the new measures can be found at:
This is what it all means for motor vehicle dealers, repairers, rental, leasing, their staff and customers:
- Sales by Appointment only
- 25% capacity limit (divide the total square metres of floor space accessible to the public [not including shelving and store fixtures] by 16 and round down to the nearest whole number)
- restricting allowable hours of operation to 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Work from home where possible
- Must post capacity limits
- A safety plan is required to be prepared and made available upon request, see https://www.ontario.ca/page/develop-your-covid-19-workplace-safety-plan for template
- Retailers must have passive screening notice for customers and active screening for staff
- Individuals must physically distance (2 metres) and wear a face covering
- Curbside pick-up and delivery permittedCurbside pickup and delivery permitted, as are online sales
- Test Drive Restrictions in effect:
- limited to no more than 10 minutes
- a maximum of two people, including up to one sales representative permitted
- windows must be opened at all times unless if two people who are not members of the same household are present in the vehicle
For more information on remote sales please visit:
Members may be eligible for relief from the Federal and Provincial Governments. Please visit Federal: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan/covid19-businesses.html and Provincial: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-help-businesses-ontario#financial-relief for more information.
Please visit Ontario.ca/covidresponse for the full list of public health region classifications.
For your region, and more information, see our previous Dealer Alerts at www.ucda.org/dealer-alerts/