ONTARIO EXTENDING STATE OF EMERGENCY AND STAY AT HOME ORDER
As most Members know, on Friday, Premier Doug Ford announced a two-week extension of the State of Emergency and Stay at Home Order effective Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. The extension means the orders, first put in place on April 8th, will remain in place until at least May 20, 2021.
Dealer operations are largely unaffected by Friday’s announcement. For the benefit of Members, we are repeating those rules here:
Full details about the new measures can be found at:
- Sales by Appointment only
- 25% capacity limit (divide the total square metres of floor space accessible to the public [not including shelving and store fixtures] by 16 and round down to the nearest whole number)
- allowable hours of operation restricted to between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Work from home where possible
- Must post capacity limits
- A safety plan is required to be prepared and made available upon request, see https://www.ontario.ca/page/develop-your-covid-19-workplace-safety-plan for template
- Retailers must have passive screening notice for customers and active screening for staff
- Individuals must physically distance (2 metres) and wear a face covering
- Curbside pick-up and delivery permittedCurbside pickup and delivery permitted, as are online sales
- Test Drive Restrictions in effect:
- limited to no more than 10 minutes
- a maximum of two people, including up to one sales representative permitted
- windows must be opened at all times if two people who are not members of the same household are present in the vehicle
For more information on remote sales please visit:
Members may be eligible for relief from the Federal and Provincial Governments. Please visit Federal: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan/covid19-businesses.html and Provincial: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-help-businesses-ontario#financial-relief for more information.
Please visit Ontario.ca/covidresponse for the full list of public health region classifications.
For your region, and more information, see our previous Dealer Alerts at www.ucda.org/dealer-alerts/