ONTARIO’S PLAN TO REOPEN
Yesterday, Premier Doug Ford announced the Plan to safely reopen Ontario.
For dealers, nothing has changed and will not change until February:
- 50 per cent capacity
- music played is not above a decibel level where normal conversation is possible
- safety measures for vehicle test drives sales, such as a maximum of 10 minutes for a test drive, a maximum of two people in a vehicle, including one sales representative, windows must be rolled down, active screening, masking, etc.
- Post visible and conspicuous signs that state the capacity limits in the establishment (50 per cent of the maximum occupant load as calculated in accordance with the Fire Code)
- Ensure physical distancing in-store
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched areas of surfaces and objects, including inside vehicles
Restrictions will loosen further on February 21, 2022 with a further step and additional barriers removed on March 14, 2022. The full plan can be viewed here: