The UCDA has its Members best interests in mind at all times. To that end we have a Legal Services Department to respond to those questions that have legal implications.
Jim Hamilton, the Legal Services Director is a qualified lawyer who will gladly try to help our Members with a variety of problems.
Some of the more common areas are, but not by any means limited to:
- advice and information about legislation affecting dealers
- mediating disputes between consumers and dealers
- assisting with registration issues
- tax questions
- vehicle registration branding
- practical advice aimed at avoiding problems, BEFORE they happen
Our legal staff are not able to act as direct counsel for Members but they can assist in determining a course of action, often relieving a Member from having to engage a lawyer.