PROVINCE MOVES TO SHUTDOWN LEVEL
The third wave of this stubborn virus is upon us. On April 1, the Ontario Government announced its intention to move the entire Province into the SHUTDOWN level as of Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. All public health units will move into this level regardless of what level they were in previously.
For dealers, this is what the SHUTDOWN level looks like:
- 25% capacity limit (divide the total square metres of floor space accessible to the public [not including shelving and store fixtures] by 16 and round down to the nearest whole number)
- Work from home where possible
- Must post capacity limits
- A safety plan is required to be prepared and made available upon request
- Retailers must have passive screening notice for customers and active screening for staff
- Individuals must physically distance (2 metres) and wear a face covering
- Curbside pick-up and delivery permittedCurbside pickup and delivery permitted, as are online sales
- Test Drive Restriction in effect
- limited to no more than 10 minutes
- a maximum of two people, including up to one sales representative permitted
- windows must be opened at all times unless if two people who are not members of the same household are present in the vehicle
- For now, dealers are not restricted to appointment only selling, but this may change
Public health officials cite the rapid deterioration of trends in key indicators, as the reason the emergency brake is being applied to help reduce further spread of the virus in the Province. This level is expected to remain in place for at least the next 4 weeks and specific rules for businesses, including dealers, may change during that time. The UCDA will continue to monitor the situation and provide further updates as needed.
Please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/enhancing-public-health-and-workplace-safety-measures-provincewide-shutdown for SHUTDOWN level details.
Please visit Ontario.ca/covidresponse for the full list of public health region classifications.
For your region, and more information, see our previous Dealer Alerts at www.ucda.org/dealer-alerts/