The early success of vaccines made us all hope the worst was behind us, but then the OMICRON Covid-19 variant came along, and we are all back in the soup. Worldwide transmission rates are soaring, and Ontario’s infection numbers are as bad now as they were way back in April.
All retailers, including dealers, must move to 50% capacity as of 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, December 19, 2021. In establishing 50% capacity at all retail stores and service facilities, the Ontario Government seeks to slow the spread and help us all enjoy a safe holiday season.
These are things dealers need to know:
- No more than 50% capacity in-store
- Post visible and conspicuous signs that state the capacity limits in the establishment (50 per cent of the maximum occupant load as calculated in accordance with the Fire Code)
- Ensure physical distancing in-store
- Test Drives: If the business permits members of the public to test drive any vehicles:
– members of the public must be actively screened in accordance with the advice, recommendations and instructions of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health before they participate in the test drive https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/customer/
– all participants in the test drive must wear a mask or face covering in a manner that covers their mouth, nose and chin
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched areas of surfaces and objects, including inside vehicles
Finally, please try to get your booster shot as soon as possible and watch for news from your local office of Public Health.
For more detailed and sector-specific guidance please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/enhancing-public-health-and-workplace-safety-measures-provincewide-shutdown
See previous Dealer Alerts at www.ucda.org/dealer-alerts/